[dovecot] Re: Unable to Log in on FreeBSD server?

Mark mw at lanfear.com
Sun Jan 19 05:36:43 EET 2003

I recently recompiled with --enable-asserts and --enable-debug, and I
when trying to log in to either port 143 or port 993 using Outlook
Express, the following happens:

1. Outlook Express complains that the authentication failed with "Login
Process died unexpectedly"
2. The imap-master and all other processes die on my FreeBSD machine.
3. I see the following in the logs:

Jan 18 19:32:21 akira imap-master: Login process died too early -
shutting down

That's it.   Btw -- FreeBSD 4.3 isn't all that old -- perhaps 18
months.  I've had uptimes longer than that !! :-)

ciao,
mark.