[dovecot] Re: cvs down?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 24 07:07:46 EET 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 06:33, Jesse Peterson wrote:
> Was the CVS server taken down?

Yes, until either CVS package is updated in Debian/unstable or I patch
it myself. I'll probably set it up today in any case.

BTW. CVS is getting some neat new code :) Mail storage API is now better
which had a side effect of making Dovecot a bit faster and take a bit
less memory than before.

I'm also rewriting authentication code. It's now split into three parts:
authentication (SASL) mechanism, user database and password database.
This means you can mix them in any possible way, for example use
digest-md5 for users in /etc/passwd, but the passwords being in SQL
database. And yes, SQL support will likely come soon, both for
authentication and storing mails.