[Dovecot] Configuration file changes

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Jul 1 12:09:40 EEST 2003

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:

> I was going to add support for "configuration groups", but got a bit
> stuck at how the logic is supposed to work. I think there could be
> different settings based on IP/port it's listening in, or based on given
> username.
>
> I can't really describe how it would work, and I'm not entirely sure
> myself either :) Does this make sense:

One thing that I like about Courier components is its "sysconftool"
approach that allows to add or remove parameters/examples/defaults to
the configuration file as the software changes. If the concept supported
rewriting the configuration file, without losing user customizations,
but adding new parameters and their documentation, that'd be really
helpful.

--
Matthias Andree