[Dovecot] Configuration file changes

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 1 19:56:09 EEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 19:24, Amelia A Lewis wrote:
> Time to make an appeal.
>
> One of the great advantages of Dovecot, currently, is ease of configuration.
> It's pretty straightforward, even though it's got a good bit of flexibility.
>
> The examples that you give above (which I snipped) are ... kinda
> frightening.  And it raises some questions about Yet Another Configuration
> Language and Parser.

It's all actually only a few simple additions to current code, at least
if I get the logic sensible (which I don't think it currently is).

Also you won't have to use those "group" groups at all. I probably won't
even given an example of their use in dovecot-example.conf so it won't
confuse people who don't need it.

The only visible change for most people will be just that login/auth
group definitions would be inside { .. } which I think makes more sense
than the current kludgy way.

I do plan to keep the config file as simple as possible for normal
installations.