[Dovecot] "Internal Error" from maildirs (new user)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jul 5 00:53:39 EEST 2003

On Friday, July 4, 2003, at 08:57 PM, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> . NO Internal error [2003-07-04 10:50:51]
>
> I can find no cause of the inbox error in any log.  Suggestions?

Internal errors always write to error log what the real error message
was. By default Dovecot logs to mail service, which often goes to
/var/log/mail.log. If you still can't find it, set log_path in config
file to where you want the log to go.

> All of my sub folders come back as read only (even when I use select).
> presume this is a permissions issue.  What should the perms be?

Everything should be readable and writable by the logged in user's UID.