[Dovecot] Date sort-order ignoring timezone, and a few Q's.

Stuart Henderson stu at spacehopper.org
Wed Jul 9 22:51:01 EEST 2003

>> One small glitch I have noticed is that when the client requests a
>> list of messages sorted by date, the timezone is ignored.
>
> It's not ignored, I just recently "fixed" it. Now it's properly fixed
> :)

Heheh.. Yes, I confirm that. (:

>> It seems Dovecot is using the ,W= Maildir tag for some type of size
>> instead of ,S= but I haven't traced far enough to work out what
>> exactly W/virtual_size means, am I right in guessing that it might
>> be 'wire  size'
>> i.e. message-size-with-CRLF-line-endings?
>
> Yes. S means the actual size of the file, W is the size with CRs.

Thanks, that's good.

>> And, one final question: for a dual-stack machine to listen on both
>> IPv6 and IPv4 sockets, is the currently preferred option simply to
>> start two instances of Dovecot with their own dovecot.conf
>> containing different *_listen parameters?
>
> Currently, yes. I'll probably add support for multiple listening
> sockets per server some day.

There is no problem to have two instances running, though it might be
more admin-friendly to allow the listen addresses to be supplied on the
command-line, since it would save maintaining a second config file (and
I imagine this would be easier for you than changing the socket code),
but this is quite a low priority I think.