[Dovecot] Configuration file changes in CVS

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 10 06:17:01 EEST 2003

OK, it's there now. Not much tested yet, so there's probably some bugs.
I didn't yet add support for templates, but I probably will later. The
new format is like in the two example config files I sent before:

http://dovecot.procontrol.fi/list/dovecot/2003-July/001832.html

dovecot-example.conf contains the simple configuration now. New code
also tries to be backwards compatible with most settings.

New code will also try to check that the configuration is valid after
SIGHUP before actually using it, so the server won't die anymore if you
made a typo somewhere. It doesn't check all the settings though.

Namespace configuration comes probably next. Something like:

namespace {
  prefix = INBOX
  type = private
  separator = /
  location = mbox:/var/mail/%u
}

namespace {
  prefix =
  type = private
  separator = .
  location = maildir:~/
}

namespace {
  prefix = lists/
  type = public
  separator = /
  location = mbox:/var/mail/lists/archives
}