[Dovecot] Configuration file changes in CVS

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jul 11 14:08:32 EEST 2003

Andreas Aardal Hanssen <dovecot at andreas.hanssen.name> writes:

>>I'd let my sister use it on her computer, but not in serious production
>>-- I'd use NNTP to offer read-only archives rather than IMAP, but that's
>>a personal preference.
>
> I totally disagree with you here. What is lost with backups is gained in
> overall load on your system.
>
> I know for a _fact_ (my own personal experience) that there are large free
> email providers that use Maildir for this very purpose.

Either you've lost me or we're talking past each other. I prefer
Maildir, in case that isn't clear. I've heard too much whining about
mbox corruption to care any longer about mbox format. It may work for
static archives, but it'd best be accompanied by a useful index in that
case, to avoid the recurring search "where is my <CR><LF>From<SP> line".

--
Matthias Andree