[Dovecot] hierarchy_sep

molter at tin.it molter at tin.it
Tue Jul 22 22:00:49 EEST 2003

Hi Timo,

I would like to add another naming scheme to dovecot to recognize
maildir folders:

As of today:
~/Maildir/.foo
~/Maildir/.foo.bar

I would like to add:
~/Maildir/foo
~/Maildir/foo/bar

I had a quick look at the code (very clean, I am impressed!) and I saw
struct mail_storage, with field hierarchy_sep.

I think I cannot just set hierarchy_sep to '/', because /foo would start from the root of the filesystem instead of being relative to ~/Maildir.

Do you have any suggestions on the cleaner way of doing it? Or maybe do you think it is wrong to depart from '.' for some reason?

thanks
Marco