[Dovecot] gnutls_handshake problem

Jens Laas jens.laas at data.slu.se
Wed Jun 4 08:52:19 EEST 2003

(03.06.03 kl.13:49) Jacob Elder skrev följande till dovecot at procontrol.fi:

> I'm trying to bring dovecot up on Debian/stable using Christof Meerwald's
> unofficial packages (cmeerw.org/debian/). This package seems to work fine on
> Debian/testing. There error I'm getting on the stable box is:
>
> gnutls_handshake: A TLS fatal alert has been received.(Bad record MAC)
>
> Any guesses?

Check versions of libgcrypt and gnutls.

I would recommend compiling libgcrypt, gnutls and dovecot by hand.

The actual error message doesnt tell me more than that the handshake
failed. Either server or client (or both) is in error.

Jens Låås

> --
> Jacob Elder

    'This mail automatically becomes portable when carried.'
    Jens Låås                              Email: jens.laas at data.slu.se
    Department of Computer Services, SLU   Phone: +46 18 67 35 15
    Vindbrovägen 1
    P.O. Box 7079
    S-750 07 Uppsala
    SWEDEN