[Dovecot] --enable-debug bug?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jun 14 18:44:45 EEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 20:40, Gasha wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> when i'm bulding rpm with --enable-debug get this:

Well, you probably shouldn't really :) It only enables some extra checks
which slows it down.

> Jun  2 20:41:15 mezgls dovecot: child 9409 (login) killed with signal 11

Strange though, I'm using debug myself all the time.

Login processes are annoying to debug anyway. Pretty much the only way
to do so is to run dovecot under one user, eg. foo which requires at
least following settings:

login_user = foo
login_chroot = no
imap_listen = *:12345

Then start "dovecot" as user foo and you should get a core dump which
can be gdb'd.