[Dovecot] 0.99.10-test12

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 15 06:58:03 EEST 2003

http://dovecot.procontrol.fi/test/

I should have released 0.99.10 already I think.. There's just two
annoying problems that I think should be fixed first:

- PAM: If user gives a wrong password, dovecot-auth process sleeps for
two seconds, blocking everyone else who are trying to authenticate at
the time. So using PAM isn't very good idea at the moment.

- OpenSSL problems. Are they really my fault? I have no idea what I
could be doing wrong. Maybe some compile option is wrong? Also I should
try to use pkg-config to get compile flags if it exists in configure.

The new things in -test12 then:

- We sync mailbox less often. Only NOOP and CHECK will force a mailbox
sync now. Other commands do it also but only if mailbox hasn't been
synced in last 5 seconds. Maybe this reduces some I/O. At least a bit
less stat() calls :)

- Dirty maildir flag flushing work now. Meaning that if you change
message flags but rename() fails because you're out of quota, the flags
are changed in index file and dirty-flag is set. Once in a while it
tries to flush the dirty flags by rename()ing the file again.

- IMAP RFC requires that NUL characters are never sent to client. We do
now the same as UW-IMAP by sending ascii 128 chars instead.