[Dovecot] a new error message

John Ello jello at waste.org
Sun Jun 15 20:11:50 EEST 2003

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 11:58:27AM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
> The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Error in
> IMAP command UID: Too long argument.."

I used to get the same thing (some of my users have rather large
mailboxes), and I found you can get around it by editing the line that
begins '#define MAX_INBUF_SIZE ' in src/imap/client.c to a bigger
number and recompiling. I'm not sure the purpose of the limit, or the
complete effects of changing it, but it worked for me.