[Dovecot] Multiple auth howto

ohp at pyrenet.fr ohp at pyrenet.fr
Wed Jun 18 14:05:17 EEST 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Date: 17 Jun 2003 21:30:43 +0300
> From: Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
> To: ohp at pyrenet.fr
> Cc: dovecot at procontrol.fi
> Subject: Re: [Dovecot] Multiple auth howto
>
> On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 21:13, ohp at pyrenet.fr wrote:
> > Howdi.
> >
> > I'm new to dovcot (just succeded in compiling on unixware 713 today)
> > I'm noww configuring for tests on other port. The sample configuration
> > file is pretty well documented, however, I don't understand how I can
> > firstt authenticate against passwd/shadow if not found against pgsql.
> >
> > What's the syntax?
>
> Well, short answer: You can't. Put them all to one place (eg. pgsql),
> maybe using some automated scripts. I don't know if I should even
> consider about supporting fallbacking..

Hi Timo,  Thanks for your answer.
The reason I came to dovcot is that I thought it was possible. I've benn
researching this for weeks now. First thought that cyrus would do that, it
does but though SASL and pam whitch I don't have.

How difficult would it be to implement a fallback?

Regards
 --
Olivier PRENANT         	Tel:	+33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
Quartier d'Harraud Turrou           +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)
FRANCE                      Email: ohp at pyrenet.fr