[Dovecot] 0.99.10-rc1

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 23 02:40:54 EEST 2003

Home again.

Fixed SSL checking for Redhat 9, I hope. Could someone test if it
actually works now? Also fixed a few compiler warnings. If this thing
works, I'll just update the NEWS file and call it 0.99.10.

http://dovecot.procontrol.fi/rc/

Near future plans include rewriting parts of index handling. At least
.tree file will go, I've a _much_ better idea how to replace it. .data
file is also too bloaty and it's a bit difficult to add new fields into
it. I'd have to figure out some better API to access it.

I've also been worrying about locking.. If we want to share indexes
between many clients, lock contention will become a problem. For example
a "FETCH 1:* BODY[]" could take a long time and index can't be modified
while it's being done. I'm not really sure what to do about this..
Probably some more fine graned locking and maybe some kind of
transaction log where changes are written if you couldn't get exclusive
lock.