[Dovecot] current cvs can't login

Dominic Marks dom at cus.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 10:56:26 EEST 2003

On 25/06/2003 03:00, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 02:52, Farkas Levente wrote:
> > > I'd guess it's the PAM change.
> > >
> > > mv /etc/pam.d/imap /etc/pam.d/dovecot
> >
> > and the pop3?
> > so I've to rewrite the spec file to:-(
> > I'll rather go to home and do it tomorrow:-)
>
> Dovecot used "imap" for pop3 too. I'm still not sure if I should have
> rather just fixed it to use "pop3" for pop3 than change everyone to use
> "dovecot". Maybe this should be optional..

I'd like to see the pop3 service using the pop3 profile and the imap
service using the imap profile preferably so it integrates better into a
default FreeBSD setup (I tested Dovecot on FreeBSD 5.1 with OpenPAM
yesterday and it works fine), I can patch this locally though if its
cleaner to use dovecot in general.

--
Dominic
 <dom at cus.org.uk> <dominic.marks at npl.co.uk>