[Dovecot] Message display corrupted or missing in Netscape 7.0 and Mozilla 1.3

Steven Enderle enderle at mdn.de
Thu Jun 26 12:22:27 EEST 2003

Hi Gasha,

thanks for your prompt answer! But sadly, spam ain't our only problem
(hell, i got 660 mails in my spam folder in the last 30 days!!) and it
ain't the problem for message display:

It worked perfectly with popa3d! We are using that system for years now.
The message display problem is limited to the yet switched workstations,
all i did is configuring netscape as i have written down to do it here
at our site. Some workstations are still running pop3, with no problems
at all like they did always. The difference from configuring pop<->imap
is following:

==
Skip all pop stuff, select the same server for imap.

Messages are checked at startup and then every minute, empty trash on
exit and "only show subscribed folders" is disabled! All other options
are left as they are. The Netscape installation is absolutly identical
over all workstations, even the signature.
==

I also still got my pop3 config running parallel (just in case), and the
spam is displayed in excellent 16.x million colours and all details,
with imap and also pop3. (Will i order the taiwanese soap or the mini
fridge for my car?)

So the spam mail ain't the problem. I am sure, the problem must be
somewhere between netscape, dovecot or the chair i am sitting in.

Steven
----- Steven Enderle ----- m d n Huebner GmbH ----
----- enderle at mdn.de ----- + 49 911 93 90 90 -----
-----  Digital Imaging & Documentmanagment   -----