[Dovecot] 0.99.10 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jun 26 19:21:01 EEST 2003

No bug reports since rc4, so here it is.

v0.99.10 2003-06-26  Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>

	* Default PAM service name changed to "dovecot". This means that
	  if you're using PAM, you most likely have to do
	    mv /etc/pam.d/imap /etc/pam.d/dovecot
	  If you wish to keep using imap, see doc/auth.txt.

	* ~/rawlog directory changed to ~/dovecot.rawlog

	+ Faster and better maildir synchronization. We support read-only
	  maildirs and out-of-quota conditions are handled a lot better.
	  dovecot-uidlist file still isn't out-of-quota-safe though, but you
	  can keep it in another location where quota isn't checked. For
	  example:
	    default_mail_env = Maildir:~/Maildir:
	      INDEX=/noquota/%u:CONTROL=/noquota/%u
	+ Read-only mboxes are supported now.
	+ Only NOOP and CHECK now always do a mailbox sync checking. Other
	  commands sync max. once in 5 seconds, plus always from indexes.
	  This should reduce I/O a bit.
	+ All NUL characters are translated to ascii #128 before sending to
	  client. RFC prohibits sending NULs and this is how UW-IMAP handles
	  it as well.
	+ Make ENVELOPE, BODY and BODYSTRUCTURE replies more compact by
	  removing multiple LWSPs and translating TABs to spaces. RFC doesn't
	  specifically require this, but this seems to be the wanted
	  behaviour..
	+ Added ANONYMOUS SASL mechanism.
	+ More flexible user chrooting configuration in home directories:
	  "<chroot>/./<homedir>"
	+ Added support for dynamically loadable IMAP/POP3 modules. See
	  INSTALL file for more information.
	- Partial fetches were broken if mails had CR+LF linefeeds
	- SEARCH DELETED didn't return anything if all messages were deleted
	- OpenSSL support was broken in many installations because we were
	  chrooted and it couldn't open /dev/urandom.
	- PAM: Giving wrong password blocked the whole process for two
	  seconds. Now we create a new process for each check.
	- Lots of other smaller bugfixes and better error handling