[Dovecot] migrating from cyrus

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 30 15:06:37 EEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 02:52, Jens Gutzeit wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to migrate our customers mailserver (400 mail accounts), from
> cyrus-2.0.16 to Dovecot. Anyone an idea how I can preserve the read/unread
> status and what can I do with the UIDL? (cyrus used a different algorithm for
> UIDL).

Well, I just saw Cyrus 1.6 -> Courier converter. See if it works with
2.0:

http://www.madness.at/~mad/projects/cyrus2courier/cyrus2courier.tgz

It doesn't seem to preserve UIDs directly, but it shouldn't be too
difficult to fix to do that.

And what do you mean about UIDL? POP3 UIDs? Cyrus 2.1 seems to use the
same algorithm than Dovecot (uidvalidity.uid), except if pop3_new_uidl
isn't set it uses just uid which I think isn't a good idea to keep
using.