[Dovecot] 0.99.10 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 30 17:30:15 EEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 17:03, Maikel Verheijen wrote:
> One small question: How far is nfs safety implemented now? You did a
> lot of work on nfs-safety for the index files, how about the other
> files? And does it need specific configure options?

No, I've done nothing for NFS-safe index files and likely will not do
for a long time. NFS-safety is still pretty much the same as it was two
months ago. From TODO:

 - NFS safety:
    - use link()s instead of relying on O_EXCL
    - .subscriptions: use rename() like dovecot-uidlist
    - .customflags: use rename(), but there's a problem when we have to remove
      unused flags to make room for new ones. to fix that add new field in
      the file, it would be set for flags which are currently unused. if that
      field is set, .customflags must be locked before the flag is set to any
      messages. but make sure there's no race conditions, we probably have to
      wait a few seconds just to make sure no-one set a flag we want to remove