[dovecot] Re: problem with COPY?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Mar 4 20:53:43 EET 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 19:53, JP wrote:
> I have my mua (sylpheed-claws from cvs)

Just a few comments on that first:

> [18:06:39] IMAP4> 6 SELECT INBOX
..
> [18:06:40] IMAP4> 8 STATUS INBOX (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY
> UNSEEN)

It's not considered good behaviour to ask STATUS of selected mailbox,
some (old?) servers will break with that. There's also not much reason
since the client already received everything except UNSEEN as reply to
SELECT.

> [18:06:40] IMAP4> 9 UID FETCH 61:63 (UID FLAGS RFC822.SIZE
> BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Date From To Cc Newsgroups Subject Message-Id
> References In-Reply-To Content-Type Seen Status X-Status From)])

Why is it asking From twice? Why is it asking Status and X-Status at
all? These are likely to be fields internally used by mbox format and
shouldn't be sent client even if it asks it (well, Dovecot does send
them currently, but it will be fixed). I don't know what generates
Seen-field, but I think that doesn't belong to Sylpheed either.

> Mar  4 18:06:42 btp212 imap(jp): file index-save.c: line 61
> (write_with_lf): assertion failed:(size > 0 && size <= SSIZE_T_MAX)
> Mar  4 18:06:42 btp212 dovecot: child 6022 (imap) killed with signal 6

The message probably hasn't been read yet and Dovecot tries to write
empty Status-header which triggers the assert. Stupid assert, I should
have just ignored if size == 0. Fixed in CVS.