[dovecot] Re: inetd/xinetd/tcpserver support

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 6 02:00:15 EET 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 00:14, Charlie Brady wrote:
> No, but a run script for using tcpserver would be something like:
>
> #! /bin/sh
> exec 2>&1
> exec tcpserver \
>  -c 100 \
>  -u 0 -g 0\
>  -l 0 \
>  -HDRP \
>  0 143 \
>  /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login

Anyone want to try this? CVS has now support for inetd at least. I've
tested that this works:

imap            stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
imaps           stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login --ssl
pop3            stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
pop3s           stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login --ssl

There's also optional --group parameter to specify which one of the
"login = xx" sections in config file to use. Hmm. Maybe I should add
parameter to specify path for config file as well..