[dovecot] Re: ldap support

David E. Storey dave at tamos.net
Thu Mar 6 18:09:07 EET 2003

I think it would be trivial to make dovecot support LDAPv3.

All it would entail is modifying ldap_conn_open() in src/auth/db-ldap.c.

code might look something like:

	int version = LDAP_VERSION3;
        if (ldap_set_option (conn->ld, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION,
		&version)!= LDAP_OPT_SUCCESS)
        {
		i_fatal ("could not set LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION %d", 			version);
        }

How Timo would want to integrate with configuration is up to him. But at
any rate, if you really NEED LDAPv3, you now have it.

d!