[dovecot] Re: PostgreSQL support

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 6 21:58:49 EET 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 21:31, Alex Howansky wrote:
> I've written passdb and userdb modules for PostgreSQL. My C skills aren't that
> great, so I borrowed heavily from the LDAP modules, and I've never developed
> with automake/autoconf before, so I don't know how acceptable my patch to
> configure.in is. Anyway, it seems to work ok but I haven't done really heavy
> testing. If you can get past my poor C skills, I hope you will at least find my
> work useful as a base to expand from.

My plans for SQL support was to create a simple SQL wrapper library so
that there wouldn't have to be multiple separate authentication modules
for different SQL databases. The same library could be used also by SQL
mail database code once I get around writing that.

But since I haven't managed to write either one yet, I could include
separate pgsql auth module for now. And I'd guess that code could be
later just modified to use the SQL library instead of direct pgsql calls
and renamed to be generic SQL auth module.

> Are you interested in my patch, and if so, how should I send it? Does the list
> accept attachments? (The patch is against current CVS, by the way.)

List accepts attachments, but I'm not sure if anyone else here but me
cares about it :) So "cvs diff -u" and mail it to me.