[dovecot] Re: Configure SSL problem

Leslie Viljoen Leslie_Viljoen at icoc.org
Mon Mar 17 12:46:54 EET 2003

Thanks, I tried this, but it also didn't work.

OpenSSL's .h files are in /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl.
I copied all these .h files to /usr/local/ssl/include - and tried both
options below - but the configure
script still says "Building with SSL support........... no"

The problem seems to stem from:
checking for SSL_read in -lssl... (cached) no

My libcrypto.so and libssl.so files are in /usr/local/ssl/lib - this path
has been added
to /etc/ld.so.conf and I have run ldconfig.

Configure seems to be trying to compile this C file to test the SSL_read
function:

#line 7757 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char SSL_read();

int main() {
SSL_read()
; return 0; }

I can compile this myself if I include -I /usr/local/ssl/include and I
replace the
"confdefs.h" with "ssl.h".

So I just don't know!

Les

______________________________________
Leslie Viljoen
Africa Missions Systems Administrator
Cell: 0836186100 Work: 011 6991700
Fax: 011 7945522

                      "Mark E. Mallett"
                      <mem at mv.mv.com>          To:       Leslie Viljoen <Leslie_Viljoen at icoc.org>
                      Sent by:                 cc:       dovecot at procontrol.fi
                      dovecot-bounce at pr        Subject:  [dovecot] Re: Configure SSL problem
                      ocontrol.fi

                      2003-03-15 12:29
                      AM

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:44:52PM +0200, Leslie Viljoen wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I have been trying to get Dovecot installed with OpenSSL support, but no
> matter what I do,
> when I run Configure, it says "Building with SSL support.........No".
> I have even tried configure --with-ssl=openssl, to no avail.
>
> I have built and installed OpenSSL, and libssl.so and libcrypto.so are in
> the /lib directory -
> what more does Dovecot want? I have tried figuring it out from the
> Configure script itself
> but it's cryptic and I am no shell script boffin!

Did your ssl include files get installed in the fairly standard
/usr/local/ssl/include ?  If so try something like:

   ./configure --with-ssl=openssl --includedir=/usr/local/ssl/include

Maybe "configure" could be trained to look there by default..

-mm-