[dovecot] Re: debian 0.99.8.1 packages available

Amelia A Lewis amyzing at talsever.com
Tue Mar 18 19:05:20 EET 2003

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:18:33AM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
>On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Amelia A Lewis wrote:
>
>> I've got problems, that seem similar, using the 0.99.8.1 .deb.
>>
>> I'm using Maildir.  I've got it set up on a user account to accept mail for
>> root (into .admin), for postmaster (into .admin.postmaster), and for
>> webmaster (.admin.webmaster).

Update:

Created a folder, "test", using Sylpheed.  Okay.  Copied mail to it.  Okay.
Tried to create subfolder "child".  Error; not created.  Created folder
"test2".  Okay.  Tried to create subfolder "child".  Error; not created.

Using mutt: created folder "test".  Okay.  Copied mail to it.  Okay.  Folder
opens; mail is visible.  Tried to create subfolder "child" (mutt prompts as
test.child, accept).  Okay.  test folder no longer visible as mail
container, but child folder is visible.

There's something weird happening when you put mail and subfolders in the
same folder.  Creating a subfolder means that any mail in the folder is no
longer accessible.  For whatever reason, sylpheed can't even see subfolders
(much less create them).

I could try to tcpdump this, but it won't help much, I'm afraid: it's set to
disable plaintext, so it always does starttls, which means the dump won't
have any interesting information.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.com
I don't want what's best for you--