[dovecot] Re: Dotlocking doesn't work?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 19 16:23:41 EET 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 16:04, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> Is dotlocking still  a work in progress or are we missing something here?

Only solution for now is to set /var/mail world-writable and sticky.

Another way would be to use more privileged process for handling lock
files. Some programs use setuid or setgid binary for that. I was
thinking that I'd let imap process request the locks from master
process. That would also allow overriding stale lock files created by
other users with shared mailboxes.