[dovecot] Re: some problem with dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 20 20:09:13 EET 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 17:02, Farkas Levente wrote:
> > I didn't really like having indexes stored in the root directory..
>
> why?
> there are other files in the root directory:
> .subscriptions
> .customflags
> and in this case the directory stucture would be consistent.

Originally I made the .INBOX because I thought that'd help me with
renaming INBOX, so I wouldn't have to rename() all files separately. But
I don't even try to support renaming INBOX anymore since it can't be
done atomically.

I guess I could just put everything in the root dir. But I think I'll do
it only after next release so UIDs won't get lost when it gets moved.