[dovecot] Dovecot and Quotas

Mike Machado mike at innercite.com
Wed Mar 26 01:48:41 EET 2003

Is there anything that can be done so that when users IMAP to their
inbox and have reached their filesystem quota, that they can still
DELETE their mail? They can login, but when they go to delete/expunge
this is the error I get in syslog. I have tried mail_read_mmaped to yes
and no, and same result.

Mar 25 14:54:27 penguin1 imap(bob): file_set_size() failed with index
data file /home/bob/mail/.imap/INBOX/.imap.index.data: Disk quota
exceededMar 25 14:54:27 penguin1 imap(bob): mmap_istream.madvise():
Function not implemented
Mar 25 14:54:28 penguin1 last message repeated 65 times

When using UW IMAP, sometimes users can delete mail and other times they
cannot. I am desperately seeking a solution to have customers be able to
delete their own mail when their box is full and not have to call our
support center. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Debian with kernel 2.4.18.

--
Mike Machado
mike at innercite.com