[Dovecot] Dovecot in OpenBSD ports system

Andrew Basterfield bob at cemetery.homeunix.org
Tue May 27 04:56:02 EEST 2003

--On Monday, May 26, 2003 21:14:14 +0300 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 17:23, Andrew Basterfield wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have put together dovecot port for the OpenBSD ports system. The port
>> has yet to be submitted, but is finished awaiting testing from a wider
>> audience. I have been using dovecot successfully on OpenBSD/sparc64
>> -current for months now with no problems.
>>
>> Would you recommend including the CR+LF patch?
>
> Actually I'd recommend 0.99.10 if I just could get it released.. :)
> There's -test6 now at http://dovecot.procontrol.fi/test/ which looks
> like it's working fine. Maybe just a few last changes and that'd be it.

I've run into some probelms with maildirs. I have been testing by dumping
my email archives into the server and I have come across 'Warning:
Inconsistency - Index <index> was rebuilt while we had it open' leading to
the the wrong body being returned when the header is selected. Eventually
the child server process dies.

I have had no problems with mboxes

Should I wait for the next release and try again? Is this problem limited
to my plaform?

The client was sylpheed-claws.

--Andrew