[Dovecot] Dovecot in OpenBSD ports system

Andrew Basterfield bob at cemetery.homeunix.org
Tue May 27 19:05:00 EEST 2003

--On Tuesday, May 27, 2003 14:48:45 +0300 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 04:56, Andrew Basterfield wrote:
>> I've run into some probelms with maildirs. I have been testing by dumping
>> my email archives into the server and I have come across 'Warning:
>> Inconsistency - Index <index> was rebuilt while we had it open' leading
>> to the the wrong body being returned when the header is selected.
>> Eventually the child server process dies.

>> Should I wait for the next release and try again? Is this problem limited
>> to my plaform?
>
> What version of Dovecot was this with? OpenBSD had similiar problem
> which I've fixed in -test releases. The problem with it was that I was
> write()ing to file that was mmaped, and OpenBSD didn't update the mmap
> when it was done.

Yes, I found the error message in mail_index_lock_change() in mail-index.c
and mmap_update() in mail_index_data.c, I changed one of the strings so I
could differentiate them and it was mmap_update() where the error was
detected.

I had the problems with 0.99.8.1 and 0.99.9.1

I will try -test

--Andrew