[Dovecot] new problems

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed May 28 15:33:05 EEST 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 01:57:46PM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
> I switch my own mailbox from dovecot to courier (on the same server both
> are running now) and it a LOT faster!
> the simplist test to delete a mail and mozilla just jump to the next
> one. it took about 5-10 sec with dovecot!!! while it almost nothing
> (less than 1 sec) with courier.....

So Courier works fine even while the load is high? strace's output could
show what Dovecot is doing wrong then. ie. just before expunge:

strace -p your_dovecot_imap_pid > /tmp/dove.log 2>&1

And stop it after expunge has completed.

I'm anyway guessing that it has something to do with the new syncing code..
What filesystem do you use?