[Dovecot] dovecot 0.99.10-test10

Andrew Basterfield bob at cemetery.homeunix.org
Sat May 31 01:39:50 EEST 2003

On 30 May 2003 13:24:51 +0300,
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 05:27, Andrew Basterfield wrote:
> > Now I am getting index corruption again
> >
> > May 30 03:11:53 snigger imap(bob): Corrupted binary tree file
> > /home/bob/Mail/.INBOX/.imap.index.tree: UID to be inserted isn't
> > higher than existing (1 <= 1)
>
> Weird. Is this easily reproduceable? I tried for a while with my
> OpenBSD 3.3/x86, worked fine. Also I can't really even think of when
> the above error could happen unless something was totally messed up.

It happens when moving lots of messages between folders. Now I have my
mail where I want it I will set up a test account that isn't critical to
test with.

They copy OK but sylpheed can't delete them afterwards (sylpheed is on
lintel)

I have been using hard-linked move, but the problem still occurs without
it.

test7 DOES exhibit problems but test6 is rock solid and what I am
using now.

--Andrew

--
http://cemetery.homeunix.org