[Dovecot] dies on start-up: Auth process

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Nov 4 00:06:37 EET 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 03:45:53PM -0500, tallison at tacocat.net wrote:
> IIRC, configure --help showed pam as a default authentication.
> Do you need to recompile this '--with-pam' as one of the options?

It tries to detect PAM automatically. Running configure should list it in
passdb list. If it doesn't, you could check from config.log if there's some
errors about PAM.

> I have been compiling this as:
> ./configure --enable-debug
> or
> ./configure --enable-debug --enable-cyrus-sasl2

Well, cyrus-sasl2 doesn't actually work at all and you shouldn't really use
the debugging, that's mostly meant for my own use :) --enable-debug adds a
lot of unnecessary things just so that I can quickly notice if I break some
things.