[Dovecot] openssl decryption failed

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Sun Nov 9 02:22:21 EET 2003

I've got dovecot working on imap
But when I try to run imaps
I get:

imap-login: Nove 08 19:11:19 Warning: SSL_accept() failed:
error:1408F455:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad
record mac [192.168.1.103]

Now I'm not sure if theres any difference here, but I don't have string
for 'login = imaps' or 'login = pop3s' to match with my protocols string

I also don't have any specific imaps_listen interface defined, but since
there's something in the logs, I assume that this is not a problem.

SETUP

fluffy:~ # egrep "^\w" /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/
protocols = imap imaps pop3s
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot.info