[Dovecot] Problem with DIGEST-MD5 authentication and plainte xt passwords

Maikel Verheijen maikel at ladot.com
Mon Nov 17 09:37:28 EET 2003

For what it's worth:

We use postgres userlookups, and use an older version of dovecot (an
old cvs version of around 0.99.9.1), and we DO use digest-md5 password
encryption in the database and realms. It seems to work flawlessly in
our situation, I used kmail, evolution, apple-mail, entourage, outlook,
outlook-express and mutt.

Have there been changes in the digest-md5 code since 0.99.9.1 ?

Kind regards,

Maikel Verheijen
Ladot Nederland BV.