[Dovecot] Re: pop3s in Outlook

Nicolas STRANSKY Nicolas.Stransky at crans.org
Fri Oct 3 17:16:07 EEST 2003

Le 03/10/2003 13:26, Antonin Karasek a écrit :

> Hi,
> I'm using Dovecot for pop3-ssl. Unofortunatelly, most of my users are
> using MS Outlook. I want them to be able to remove standard mesage: "The
> certificat is not signed by...", but I don't know how :-( In the dialog
> isn't a button "Trust this certificate forever"...
> Is there anybody, who know, how to solve this?

I have written something about this some time ago.
http://www.crans.org/docs/stunnel.html
Sorry it's in french, but the important part is that you have got to
export your certificate in a format that outlook (or windows) is able to
import.
openssl x509 -in certificate.pem -outform DER -out
certificate_for_outlook.der

Then you can distribute this certificate and your users only have to
double clic on it to import it.

--
Nico