[Dovecot] another Dovecot problem

Tim Miller tim at gem.win.co.nz
Fri Oct 3 20:15:52 EEST 2003

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> > -- However, once the server is installed, it does not appear to work
> > correctly. I can login, but when I try to list my folders or select any
> > folder (one that exists or one that doesn't exist) the connection times
> > out and the following entry is written to the log file:
> >
> > dovecot: Oct 03 05:38:56 Error: login: received another "not listening"
> > notification (if you can't login at all, see src/lib/fdpass.c)
> >
> > I tracked this message down in the source, but didn't see any obvious way
> > to trace back the problem.
>
> Linux 2.0.x kernels requires changes in the source to work. I didn't
> think anyone would really bother trying Dovecot with 2.0 kernels anymore
> so there was only a comment about it there. Apply the included patch and
> compile with -DLINUX20 and it should work.

Hi Timo,

I can't seem to apply your patch -- doing patch -p1 < fdpass.patch tells
me it can't find input file on line 15. Looking at the diff, I think your
line numbers are off (at least they don't seem to quite match the ones in
my fdpass.c) -- I've tried this both on the dovecot-0.99.10 available on
the web site and the version checked out of CVS.

I could hack the source myself, but I want to make sure I don't break
something else.

Thanks again for all your help with this.

Best,
Tim