[Dovecot] Line length limitation in dovecot leads to out-of-control process?

Amelia A. Lewis amyzing at talsever.com
Mon Oct 6 01:53:26 EEST 2003

A follow-up:

The messages are roughly the same length on both machines.  +2 on the
copy-to machine (added LFs, I guess).  It turns out that on copy, the
to-line-from-hell is truncated, then continued (but without a space at
the front of the "added" line, and truncation in mid-word),
lather-rinse-repeat (original is 16504 long, so that's two by 8192 and a
trailer).  Problems therefore could be because the line ends abruptly,
or because the two lines introduced are not valid header lines.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.com
I have spent nights with matches and knives, leaning over ledges, only