[Dovecot] gzipped files in Mail directory

Olivier Tharan olive at pasteur.fr
Thu Oct 9 17:17:57 EEST 2003

	Hi,

I have been testing dovecot on my own machine before a bigger
deployment. Basically I have all my mbox mailboxes in ~/Mail, delivered
by procmail.

Some mbox's are gzipped because they are archives which I can grep into,
but do not want to look at often.

When I first launched an IMAP client, dovecot created the indexes (I
think) and gave several errors when finding a gzipped file, such as:

,----
| Oct  1 19:53:21 mafate imap(olive): File isn't in mbox format: /home/olive/Mail//Archives/daily.d/mafate.2003.gz
`----

After 19 gzipped mbox's, I had the following crash:

,----
| Oct  1 19:53:21 mafate dovecot: child 4923 (imap) killed with signal 10
`----

Does dovecot not like gzipped mbox's? For the moment, all gzipped files
are in ~/Mail/.Archives and I can live with it.

--
olive