[Dovecot] Re: Darwin Build (cvs)

Jesse Peterson jesse at pixeltechs.com
Thu Oct 9 21:17:15 EEST 2003

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 02:00 AM,
dovecot-request at procontrol.fi wrote:

> From: Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
> Subject: Re: [Dovecot] Darwin Build (cvs)
> To: dovecot at procontrol.fi
>
> On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 17:23, Jesse Peterson wrote:
>> Here's the deal: OpenDarwin 6.6 (closest relative being Mac OS X
>> 10.2.6) won't build from CVS.  Specifically libtoolize doesn't seem to
>> exist (does it even come with libtool?) and the other parts of the
>> "autogen.sh" fail miserably.
>
> So, the solution is to get libtoolize :) Mine seems to have come from
> libtool14 package in Fink (although it is libtool v1.5, weird).

Thought so.  I wasn't sure if it came with libtool or not (OpenDarwin
does ship with libtool).

> Also it looks like you're missing iconv.m4. It's in gettext package in
> Fink.

Ahh, I'll grab that as well.

> Did OpenDarwin use Fink?

Yes, although they've switched from 'DarwinPorts' to MetaPkg.  Not sure
the status on either of those, though.

> Anyway, building from CVS requires some more packages to install which
> aren't needed if you stick with tarballs. I could also build a new test
> tarball if you need :)

This would be great.  Maybe an automatically posted daily snapshot?

Thanks Timo.