[Dovecot] A view quirks

Andreas Jaekel jaekel at webgods.de
Thu Oct 16 17:14:21 EEST 2003

Aloha Timo.

I found a few odd things while playing with dovecot.  At least
one of them bugs me, but it might be a result of my own
patches - I haven't testet it with mbox or maildir, yet.

The details :)

1.

* OK dovecot ready.
A = (<return>
Connection closed by foreign host.

2.

* OK dovecot ready.
A001 LOGIN xxxxxx xxxxxx
A001 OK Logged in.
A002 COPY 1 INBOX
Connection closed by foreign host.
(segfault)

3.

[...]
A003 SEARCH SUBJECT "test"
* SEARCH 1
A003 OK Search completed.
A004 SEARCH SUBJECT {6}
+ OK
"test"
* SEARCH
A004 OK Search completed.

I think these two searches should give identical results.

4. (my current nemesis)

A002 CREATE bla
A003 SELECT INBOX
A004 COPY 1 bla
A005 SELECT bla
A006 COPY 1 bla
* NO Internal error [2003-10-16 16:07:21]
A006 OK Copy completed.

If I copy from the current folder to the current folder I get
a scrambled mailbox and an error.  This might be selfmade, though.

I'm currently trying to find this bug, but the various layers of
[_oi]streams and callback and function pointer structs do not help :)
I think the stream routines hide the mstream(istream(realstream(iostream)))
and the ostream(_ostream(iostream)) behind the same file descriptor
and the data gets written to the wrong position.

BTW: what exactly is "max_pos"?

Greetings and thanks!
    Andy