[Dovecot] Copy from INBOX to INBOX corrupts file

Andreas Jaekel jaekel at webgods.de
Thu Oct 16 19:06:21 EEST 2003

Aloha, again, Timo.

Concerning the problem of copying within one folder...

I'm still not sure it's not a problem I created myself,
but I think it's caused by the use of the buffered IO
routines in ostream-file.c ... you use io_add() to schedule
write operations for later while simultanously reading
new chunks from the very same file.  This seems to
confuse dovecot and make it write the copy to the
strangest locations.  I think when working within one
folder I should use either blocking IO or a lot
of calls to o_stream_flush()...  what do you think?

Greetings,
    Andy