[Dovecot] Shared Folders

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 20 09:10:20 EEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 08:25, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Hmmm.. Is it really that easy? ACL extension itself could be supported
> later, but filesystem ACLs (even regular UNIX ones) with flags in index
> files would provide easy and quick way to get shared mailbox support :)

Done in CVS (also latest in http://dovecot.fi/nightly/):

- Create dovecot-shared file to maildir you want to share

- dovecot-shared file permissions should be the same as you want to give
to new mails (0640 or 0660 probably). Or should this be taken from new/
dir's mode instead? I'm not sure.

- It's possible to specify which flags are shared between users and
which are private. Currently I've just hardcoded \Seen flag to be
private. Any suggestions where and how this should be configured? Maybe
inside dovecot-shared file a list of flag names?

- Custom flag names can't be private currently. This is a bit
problematic situation if you want both private and shared custom flags
since then there would have to be two .customflags files..

- ANNOTATE extension supports accessing both shared and private message
flags. We don't currently support ANNOTATE, but probably will later.
This probably requires changing index files so that it contains both
shared and private flags..