[Dovecot] pine, INBOX, and dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 4 02:22:39 EEST 2003

On Thursday, Sep 4, 2003, at 01:09 Europe/Helsinki, Jethro R Binks
wrote:

> Incidentally, is mbox support still broken in the CVS version?  Is
> there
> an expected timescale for the next release, preferably with mbox fixed
> again?!

It works as read-only. Expunge will crash. I haven't dared to try
rewriting yet, probably corrupts everything :) Maybe I'll now finally
optimize the rewriting and expunging into same thing rather than spend
time debugging and kludging around problems.

CVS code also finally hides mbox headers which contain message flags
etc. Those caused message to change constantly which isn't allowed by
IMAP.