[Dovecot] still getting weird .{inbox} folder creations with latest -test7

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Thu Sep 4 11:28:43 EEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 15:37, Charlie Allom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I am still getting strange creation and mailbox lookups from
> 0.99.11-test7.
>
> dovecot creates in ~/Maildir/
>                              .INBOX/
>                                .imap.index
>                                .imap.index.cache
>                                .imap.index.log
> 							 .customflags
> 							 dovecot-uidlist
>
> .INBOX seems to be a reference to ~/Maildir/{cur,new,tmp} yet I
> cannot get an IMAP client uo pick up my other maildir, located at
> ~/Maildir/mi/{cur,new,tmp}.

I think you want to name your subfolders with a "." in front of them;
it's mentioned in the documentation somewhere. So you'd have
~/Maildir/.mi/{cur,new,tmp} - try creating a folder in an IMAP email
client and you should notice this behaviour.

Grahame Bowland                       Email: grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
University Communications Services    Phone: +61 8 9380 1175
The University of Western Australia     Fax: +61 8 9380 1109
                                     CRICOS: 00126G