[Dovecot] Debian bug #201444: More verbose logging

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at debian.org
Fri Sep 5 22:29:50 EEST 2003

I brought this up a while ago but the submitter is wondering if there
has been any progress on this issue.  He says:

  It would be extremely nice to have a little bit more detailed logging,
  and I believe it doesn't really require that much code.

  I use now a daemon which logs login (name, ip; as dovecot does), and
  logout (with name, logout reason if any special) with the numbers of "read
  new mail number and size" and "mail left on server number and size". Would
  be nice to have something like that in dovecot.

Could something like this be added for the next version?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>