[Dovecot] Problem with mbox files.

David Röhr david at rohr.se
Tue Sep 9 14:09:10 EEST 2003

I have trouble to get my INBOX-mbox to work properly.

I have set the default_mail_env, to this..

    "default_mail_env = mbox:~/mail/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u"

Since my users are using thier home-dirs to store folders and old mails,
and recieving them in /var/mail/username.

But when logging in i get this..

Sep  9 12:25:23 angelica imap-login: Login: username [217.151.192.103]
Sep  9 12:25:23 angelica imap(username): stat() failed with mbox file
/var/mail/username : No such file or directory

Just like the file wasn't there?! But checking..

.~ > ls -l /var/mail/username
1200 -rw-rw----    1 username     mail      1222055 Sep  9 12:16 /var/mail/username

I can see that it is there, and containing mails.. It's not corrupt or
anything like that. And its not a link of any kind.

Why am I getting this error? And how do I solve it? I've tested to
disable chroots, but get the same error...

/d

--
... david röhr              |      o_
.. unix systems consultant  | o/  /\   Solaris, AIX, HP-UX