[Dovecot] Patch for auto-creating home directories

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Sep 13 05:28:38 EEST 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 10, 2003, at 21:36 Europe/Helsinki, David S Madole
wrote:

> I've created a patch that adds a feature that is helpful to my setup.
> If
> 'parent_dir_umask' is set in the configuration file, any missing
> directories in the home directory path are created.

Hmm. Looks like the home directory owner is kept as root, or did I miss
something? :) There's actually mkdir_parents() function which does
pretty much what your create_directories() does.

It should also work with multiple uids so that directories up until the
home directory would be owned by root (or configurable?). The home
directory itself should have user's uid/gid as owner/group.

Other than that it's good :)