[Dovecot] Multiple auth checkers

Dan Sully daniel at electricrain.com
Wed Sep 17 01:54:29 EEST 2003

I noticed this is in the TODO:

- support for multiple auth checkers. passdb+userdb should be tied together.
  auth process configurations really should be used for this..

and is functionality that I really would like, as I have local users
(passwd+shadow) and vpopmail users. In -test7's dovecot-example.conf, there
is a different format for "blocking" multiple auth types, and I created a conf as such:

auth default {
  mechanisms = plain
  userdb = passwd
  passdb = shadow
  user = root
  count = 2
}

auth vpopmail {
  mechanisms = plain
  userdb = vpopmail
  passdb = vpopmail
  user   = vpopmail
  count = 2
}

Password authentication still works fine, but I can't find a way to get it to
fallback to using the vpopmail auth. Is this simply not working yet? Timo -
what part of the code needs this update?

Thanks.

-D
--
Change? We fear change.